Welcome, Join me my friends, become a 'follower' and help me reach my goal of raising enough awareness of my blog that journalist premier Gewn Knapp is forced to accept my writers dual, the winner to be named once and for all 49ers official beat person.

Thursday, October 6, 2011

10/6 first post, continued

NYY v. Detroit ... 5.21 pm est ... detroit hits two homeruns to start the game ...

---

Pistachios ... a great snack, better than peanuts I proclaim, when watching a game.  I once made an amazing pistachio, yogurt, honey, ice cube, banana smoothie - give it a try, you will like. 

---

in truth, i am censored.  i cannot write some things i will like to in order to protect the privacy of myself and others.  this is very common struggle for most writers, and bloggers ... how much to reveal and at what cost?  the more you reveal the more edgy and intrigue often.  and of course, there is how you reveal, which sets the tone and mood and can make your revelations more or less poignant, impactful - underscore, accent, or down play.

----

this blog could be called food-sports plus relationships ... that would be an interesting title and guide - or, maybe food-sports and life (or is life?) ... no, maybe just and life ... ah in truth, i trying to survive a relationship, with a loving and beautiful girl ... a young relationship, in these formative years, during these hectic modern times of much turmoil and turnover and instability ... how our relationship mirrors life and times. 

----

yanks in trouble early down two still in the second.  jay-z in the house! 

----

writing has always been important to me.  here is a link to my 'riding high on tram five' from my semester abroad in Prague 2003 ... this was a great time ... and a tough time ... my brother jay came to visit during his first year at nyc medical school for Thanksgiving break - after a grueling plain ride and being 12 hours behind in time and probably sleep, i immediately took him to a local bar/pub in the town square to watch the Rugby World Cup Finals match between the darks of New Zealand and Australia (I believe) ... oh no, i am wrong, it was england who defeated australia ... good times. 

anyway, writing has always been an outlet for myself to work things out, be creative, get some insight and perspective ... touch humanity, or something like that ... reflect my humanity ... pencil to pad, fingers to keys ... i've always said like many writers how my hands cant keep up with my heart / mind to truly reflect my being ... but i try ... not for perfection but progress as they say - this is a saying from aa which i am not a part of but worked at a rehab clinic in san fran, volunteered for six months every week from 9-2 at a place called the Ozanam Wellness center, part of the St. Vincent De Paul Society ... if you ever want a touch of humanity, humility and some insight into yourself and the world you live in, go to this place, visit any aa meeting - and you do not have to be religious! ... it will be a religious experience i gaurentee! 

... i am not very religious ... born a jew, bar mitzvahed, went to hebrew school; my dad was born catholic italian, took more to the eastern religions / philosiphies in his formative younger years and passed on the teachings of the buddha to myself ... i am culturally jewish, spiritually and philisophically a mixture of a lot of things from taoist to buddhism, to catholicism and judaism ...

... how does this all have to do with sports and food ... everything!  ...

No comments:

Post a Comment