Welcome, Join me my friends, become a 'follower' and help me reach my goal of raising enough awareness of my blog that journalist premier Gewn Knapp is forced to accept my writers dual, the winner to be named once and for all 49ers official beat person.

Thursday, October 6, 2011

10/6 first post

woke up at one.  nfl live time.  brewed up some coffee - a bit old, still ok ... no milk or sugar in the house, poor some maple syrup in it.  cooked up some oatmeal, ate with yogurt and banana.  im ready to go!  will like to watch cal oregon and ny detroit games tonight ... but gf will probably flash on me.  tough call ... may have to go out for the game to a friends place, but not really my preference ...

yeah, im unemployed ... been a long time now, too long - almost 18 months.  I live with my gf in a lovely old rickety sf apt. in the Asian, Russian, White Richmond park / beach district of SF.  go niners, giants ... although i am east bay born and raised so oakland athletics are always first in my mind / heart. 

ok ... so, here we go!  food-sports, the name ... derived from a conversation at a post-wedding celebration party in regards to my job search and creating my own blog based on things / hobbies i love most - sports and foods! so, let's proceed.  btw Audibles Live on ESPN is now on ... go jerry!  keyshawn has a nice swade jacket on ... marcellus whiley of my papa and broha former almamadors Columbia U. 

 food update ... drank a liter of decaf organic green tea, had a pb&j and an apple ... good to go!  i dont eat much snack food, fyi otherwise i will just take whatever i have around down ... so i only or mostly only buy fresh and organic ingredients as long as i can afford them.  i used to devour full bags of dorritos with tostitos salsa dip growing up in my old Piedmont abode watching san fran rise to its years of dustiny and getting my first introduction to real sports broadcasting genius in the forms of kruk and keip of sf gigantes.  good times ... more on that to come, although baseball season in the bay is about over.  trust me though, these guys are great and btw is good idea to listen to other teams broadcasters bc they are all very different in many ways and can really open your mind to a whole new world of viewing experiences.  i got a prominent flash of that watching the hated dodgers in la and listening to their historic broadcaster - vin scully ... who actually gives real baseball info as opposed to kruk and keip who mostly banter about gamer babes and ugly finders (more on this later). 

i recal a line from jerry seinfeld about a man's living room in comparison to the enterprise of star trek and how that is pretty much all one needs, the true male fantasy ... hurling through space at light speed in your living room, basically ... classic material, we shall return to. 

this reminds me of a family blessing i have ... it might be important to note.  wherever the debonis tribe goes we seem to bring championships to the local.  lets start with my pops, born and bred of nyc brooklyn area circa 1940 ... let's see, we got the yanks of course dominating all throughout his childhood ... now let's follow his path to cinci for his medical school stunt when the big red machine came into prominence and won their two world series rings ... then him and the wifey, my mommy ... moved to oakland cali and boom!  reggie jack and the oakland a's win three ... then joe montana brings 4 home in the eighties, another comes in 90s from mr. young.  and just when you think that is it, well big brother jay debonis moves to nyc for his undergrad studies and the yankees come back to their old winning ways, taking three world series in his first four years over yonder.  and, finally, you got the biggest testamount to my immediate family's greatness in delivering rings to our respective locals - my migration to the new england area for my undergrad studies at brown u. (a cold dismal place contrasted with great natural and architectural beauty and the people grizzled, salted, hard working, cynical, sarcastic, incredible) ... well, brought three super bowls and the rise of the brady / billicek empire, and ... drumb roll please ././. the end of the curse! 

No comments:

Post a Comment